Prediction: NBA / Atlanta Hawks VS Houston Rockets
NBA -- Match Time：11/3/2012 07:30 Saturday
Atlanta Hawks VS Houston Rockets Head to Head | Statistics| Odds
The Rockets come into this game after an embarrassing loss to the weak Memphis Grizzlies 109-97. The high scorers for the Rockets in that game were Luis Scola and Rafer Alston, who both went for 16 points. Even in the loss the Rockets shot the rock well going 35/72 from the floor for a FG% of 48.6%. On defense the Rockets took the night off allowing the Grizzlies to shoot 39/76 from the floor for a FG% of 51.3%.
The Hawks come into this game after losing to the Dallas Mavericks 100-98 on Friday night. The high scorer for the Hawks in that game was Joe Johnson going for 32 points on 12/22 shooting. For the game the Hawks shot 34/75 from the floor for a FG% of 45.3%. On defense the Hawks allowed the Mavericks to shoot 40/84 from the floor for a FG% of 47.6%.
This season the Hawks rank 14th in the league in scoring (98.6) and the Rockets rank 21st (96.6 ppg). The Hawks are one of the better 3 point shooting teams in the league with a 3-pt FG% of 40%. On defense the Rockets are legit, ranking 3rd in the NBA (92.3 ppg), while the Hawks rank 13th (97.1 ppg). The Rockets are better on the glass having a rebounding differential of +1.5 rpg, while the Hawks are at -.5.
This season the Rockets are 10-10 ATS and the Hawks are 10-9. In terms of Over/Under games the Rockets are 13-9 and the Hawks are 9-12-1.
On the injury front C Al Horford C and PG Acie Law are day-to-day for the Hawks and SF Ron Artest and SF Shane Battier are day-to-day and Tracy McGrady and Brent Barry are Out for the Rockets.
Same old song and dance for the Rockets, as injuries are killing them. In their last game they were without Ron Artest and Tracy McGrady and only dressed 10 players. Dude, if Artest, McGrady, and Yao Ming could stay on the court they would be a legit contender, but that has not happened this year or for the past few for Ming and McGrady. Ming and McGrady are about as durable as a Yugo on a road trip.
The Hawks were dominated by the Rockets last year going 0-2 and in those games shot a FG% of only 35.5%, which was their lowest percentage against any team in 2007-08.
For the Rockets to win this game short-handed they will have to play good perimeter defense on the Hawks, as Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, and Mike Bibby can really light it up from the outside.
Since McGrady, and maybe Artest, is out Yao Ming will have to pick up the scoring slack and Hawks C Al Horford will have to step up and play some D, but he is banged up having a sprained ankle.
The PG match up is key with Mike Bibby (16.2 ppg) going up against Rafer Alston (11.8 ppg). For the Hawks to win Bibby will have to stop Alston from scoring. If he can do that the Rockets will have limited scoring options.
If Artest can play tonight, which he should, his toughness will give the Rockets a big advantage, since they cannot outscore teams with leading scorer McGrady still out with a bum knee.
The Rockets have been in 1st place in the Southwest Division for most of the year, but now are tied for 1st with the New Orleans Hornets. The Rockets need to, at least, keep up with the Hornets until they are healthy, even though the healthy Rockets is a sort of oxymoron.
Pick: I like Atlanta to get one on the road here.
(Disclaimer：Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of nowgoal.com. We disclaim any responsibility and accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from any inaccuracies.)
More about NBA Atlanta Hawks Houston Rockets Related
- 2016-12-06Prediction: NBA / Memphis Grizzlies VS Philadelphia 76ers
- 2016-12-06Prediction: NBA / Detroit Pistons VS Chicago Bulls
- 2016-12-06Prediction: NBA / Utah Jazz VS Phoenix Suns
- 2016-12-06Prediction: NBA / Minnesota Timberwolves VS San Antonio Spurs
- 2016-12-06Prediction: NBA / New York Knicks VS Miami Heat
- 2016-12-06Prediction: NBA / Washington Wizards VS Orlando Magic
Quick MenuMore News»
|Livescore:||Soccer Basketball Tennis Football Baseball Hockey Snooker|
|Odds:||1x2 Odds Odds Comparision Over/Under In-Play Odds 6in1 Odds|
|Soccer:||Result Fixtures Standings Database|
|Basketball:||Odds Odds History Schedules Standings Database|
- Prediction: NBA / Cleveland Cavaliers VS Los Angeles Clippers
- Prediction: NBA / Denver Nuggets VS Chicago Bulls
- Prediction: NBA / Washington Wizards VS Sacramento Kings
- Prediction: NBA / Charlotte Hornets VS Detroit Pistons
- Prediction: NBA / Los Angeles Lakers VS Phoenix Suns
- Prediction: NBA / Los Angeles Clippers VS Toronto Raptors
- Prediction: NBA / Golden State Warriors VS Atlanta Hawks
- Prediction: NBA / Utah Jazz VS Houston Rockets
- Prediction: NBA / Charlotte Hornets VS Memphis Grizzlies
- Prediction: NBA / New York Knicks VS Portland Trail Blazers
- Prediction: NBA / Charlotte Hornets VS Dallas Mavericks
- Prediction: NBA / New York Knicks VS Oklahoma City Thunder
- Prediction: NBA / Toronto Raptors VS Golden State Warriors
- Prediction: NBA / Washington Wizards VS Toronto Raptors
- Prediction: NBA / Golden State Warriors VS San Antonio Spurs
More »Betting Skills
- Betting Strategy: Last Minute Goal Betting System
- Betting Strategy: Head to Head Bets
- Betting Strategy: How to Bet Teasers
- Betting Strategy: If Bets Explained
- Betting Strategy: Parlay Bets Explained
- Betting Strategy: Prop Bets Explained
- Betting Strategy: Understanding Point Spreads
- Betting Strategy: Understanding Totals
- Betting Strategy: Understanding Money Lines
- Betting Strategy: Understanding Bet Types
- Betting Strategy: Ways to Hedge a Bet
- Betting Strategy: In-Running Betting Explained