Prediction: NBA / Golden State Warriors VS Atlanta Hawks
NBA -- Match Time：11/15/2012 11:30 Thursday
Golden State Warriors VS Atlanta Hawks Head to Head | Statistics| Odds
The Golden State Warriors may be able to learn a thing or two from the Atlanta Hawks.
While the Hawks enter Wednesday night's matchup in Oakland having rid itself of some recent late-game troubles, the Warriors come in still smarting from a double-overtime loss.
The Hawks (3-3) bounced back from consecutive defeats with Monday's 95-87 win at Portland. Josh Smith scored 19 in spite of a stomach illness, but most important was the fashion in which Atlanta won.
The Hawks, who were undone by a 15-1 fourth-quarter run in Sunday's 89-76 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers, scored the final 10 points in Monday's game. Atlanta was 9 of 16 from the foul line Sunday and its bench was outscored for the first time, 35-32, but restored order in both regards Monday, going 18 of 22 on free throws and outscoring Portland's reserves 26-6.
"We knew they were going to go on a run but it just shows you how this is a veteran team," Smith said. "We didn't get rattled. We took our time, even when they took the lead and we figured out a way to score the basketball late down the stretch."
Finishing games is one of the lessons the young Warriors (3-4) still have to learn as they try to avoid losing their third in a row. They squandered multiple opportunities to put away Denver in Saturday's 107-101 double-overtime home loss.
Golden State led by two with 13 seconds left in the first overtime, but Klay Thompson, who scored 23 points, missed two free throws and Danilo Gallinari tied the game with a dunk with 2 seconds remaining. In the second overtime, Golden State went scoreless in the game's final 2:47, allowing the Nuggets to score the game's final 11 points.
"We had the lead a couple times in late-game situations and our inexperience showed," said David Lee, who at 29 years old is the Warriors' second-oldest player.
Golden State's 71.1 free-throw shooting percentage and 16.3 turnovers per game -- two keys in avoiding late collapses -- both rank near the league's bottom
"If we even play halfway decent it's not a game to begin with," Lee said. "It's very frustrating."
Golden State has also shot less than 40 percent in its last two games, the first time it's done that since February 2011. The return of Andrew Bogut, who has sat out the last two rehabbing an ankle injury, would help provide some easy baskets, but he's already been ruled out for the next four games.
The Warriors won 85-82 at Atlanta in last season's only meeting, snapping a three-game skid in the series. Lee posted 22 points and 12 rebounds, while Smith finished with 14 points and 10 boards.
Atlanta's Al Horford is averaging 18.9 points in seven games against the Warriors, his highest against any opponent and 6.1 better than his career average.
(Disclaimer：Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nowgoal.com. We disclaim any responsibility and accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from any inaccuracies.)
More »Top Stories
More about NBA Golden State Warriors Atlanta Hawks Related
- 2015-08-27Prediction: WNBA / Connecticut Sun VS Phoenix Mercury
- 2015-08-23Betting Tips: WNBA / Phoenix Mercury VS Minnesota Lynx
- 2015-08-23Betting Tips: WNBA / Indiana Fever VS New York Liberty
- 2015-08-23Betting Tips: WNBA / Connecticut Sun VS Atlanta Dream
- 2015-08-23Betting Tips: WNBA / San Antonio Silver Stars VS Los Angeles Sparks
- 2015-08-23Betting Tips: WNBA / Washington Mystics VS Chicago Sky
Quick MenuMore News»
|Livescore:||Soccer Basketball Tennis Football Baseball Hockey Snooker|
|Odds:||1x2 Odds Odds Comparision Over/Under In-Play Odds 6in1 Odds|
|Soccer:||Result Fixtures Standings Database|
|Basketball:||Odds Odds History Schedules Standings Database|
- [WNBA]Minnesota Lynx VS San Antonio Silver Stars preview
- [WNBA]Phoenix Mercury VS Seattle Storm preview
- [WNBA]Chicago Sky VS Minnesota Lynx preview
- [WNBA]Tulsa Shock VS Los Angeles Sparks preview
- [WNBA]Atlanta Dream VS New York Liberty preview
- [WNBA]Chicago Sky VS Connecticut Sun preview
- [WNBA]Seattle Storm VS Phoenix Mercury preview
- [WNBA]Indiana Fever VS San Antonio Silver Stars preview
- Prediction: WNBA / Connecticut Sun VS Phoenix Mercury
- Prediction: WNBA / Minnesota Lynx VS Washington Mystics
- Betting Tips: WNBA / Phoenix Mercury VS Minnesota Lynx
- Betting Tips: WNBA / Indiana Fever VS New York Liberty
- Betting Tips: WNBA / Connecticut Sun VS Atlanta Dream
- Prediction: WNBA / San Antonio Silver Stars VS New York Liberty
- Betting Tips: WNBA / San Antonio Silver Stars VS New York Liberty
More »Betting Skills
- Betting Strategy: Why Is Betting So Attractive At The Betfair Exchange?
- Betting Strategy: Main Differences Between Backing And Laying In Betting Exchange
- Betting Strategy: Bet On Football And Win Money Must Read
- Betting Strategy: Why You Should Always Follow A Proven Soccer Betting Strategy?
- Betting Strategy: Sports Betting Strategy & Tactics Exposed
- Betting Strategy: Do You Know Special Under/Over Bets?
- Betting Strategy: What is double chance betting?
- Betting Strategy: 4 Tips to Improve Your Online Poker Game
- Betting Strategy: Why Underdogs are the Smart Bet in Soccer Betting
- Betting Strategy: 3 Tips on How To Bet Smartly Without Regret
- Betting Strategy: What Bookies Never Tell
- Betting Strategy: 3 Hot Ways To Win in Soccer
- Betting Strategy: Best online soccer betting skills
- Betting Strategy: Soccer Betting 1x2
- Betting Strategy: Five Main Rules in Live Betting