Prediction: UEFA Champions League / Barcelona V AC Milan
UEFA Champions League -- Match Time：3/13/2013 03:45 Wednesday
Barcelona V AC Milan Head to Head | Statistics| Odds
The Blaugrana were defeated 2-0 at San Siro two weeks ago and will need to pull off an historic comeback in the second leg to have any chance of progressing beyond the last 16. After back to back losses from El Clasico in Copa del Rey and La Liga to their arch rival Real Madrid, Barcelona need to look forward, set aside their frustrations and focus on this big match.
BARCELONA v AC MILAN: MATCH PREVIEW
The Spanish side suffered a surprise 2-0 loss in the first leg and have a mountain to climb to progress. Whilst Barca are huge favourites to win, they are decidedly second favourites in the qualification market. Since that match, Barcelona lost to Real Madrid twice in five days. So even beating the bottom of the table Deportivo La Coruña 2-0 on Saturday can’t have given them all of their confidence back.
AC Milan have lost just three times in Serie A away from home and none of those by scorelines that would see them eliminated here. They are a side in decent form, unbeaten in their last eight league matches in Serie A. And although Barcelona have won 11 of their 12 home games in La Liga, they have only won six of those by a margin that would be sufficient in this one.
Barcelona have overturned a two goal deficit on five previous occasions, whilst Milan hold the unfortunate record of having let slip a three goal lead in the past, when a second leg 4-0 defeat at Deportivo La Coruna saw then exit the competition in 2003-4.
Barca remain without head coach Tito Vilanova, who is in New York receiving treatment as he recovers from a cancer relapse. Jordi Roura has been in temporary charge in the absence of Vilanova, and he guided the Catalans to a 2-0 victory on Saturday night (Messi scored a goal in order to become the only player in the history to score in 17 consecutive La Liga games). Roura rested a lot of players on Saturday. Xavi, of course, is still striving for match fitness after a muscle tear. Piqué and Pedro were rested entirely, and Busquets, Iniesta, and Messi all played less than 30 minutes on Saturday.
Giampaolo Pazzini has been ruled out with a suspected ankle injury after scoring in his side's 2-0 win over Genoa. The news will come as a bitter blow to the Italian giants, with fellow forward Mario Balotelli ineligible to feature in the match, meaning Stephan El Shaarawy and M'Baye Niang are the only recognised first-team forwards available for selection. Also Mexes sustained an injury against Genoa and is now doubtful.
Barcelona are looking for their sixth successive quarter final appearance and are unbeaten in 19 UEFA Champions League home matches, winning fifteen of them. Their overall record against Italian visitors is W11 D4 L2.
BARCELONA v AC MILAN: PROBABLE LINEUPS
Barcelona (4-3-3): Valdes; Dani Alves, Pique, Puyol, Alba; Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta; Sanchez, Messi, Pedro
AC Milan (4-4-1-1): Abbiati; Abate, Zapata, Mexes, Bonera; Montolivo, Ambrosini, Muntari, Constant; Boateng; El Shaarawy
BARCELONA v AC MILAN:TEAM FORM
Mar 9, 2013 FC Barcelona 2 - Deportivo 0 LIGA
Mar 2, 2013 Real Madrid CF 2 - FC Barcelona 1 LIGA
Feb 26, 2013 FC Barcelona 1 - Real Madrid CF 3 ESPC
Feb 23, 2013 FC Barcelona 2 - Sevilla 1 LIGA
Feb 20, 2013 AC Milan 2 - FC Barcelona 0 UCL
Mar 8, 2013 Genoa 0 - AC Milan 2 ITA1
Mar 2, 2013 AC Milan 3 - Lazio 0 ITA1
Feb 24, 2013 FC Internazionale 1 - AC Milan 1 ITA1
Feb 20, 2013 AC Milan 2 - FC Barcelona 0 UCL
Feb 15, 2013 AC Milan 2 - Parma 1 ITA1
Prediction: Barcelona to qualify & Messi to score 2 or more goals
(Disclaimer：Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of nowgoal.com. We disclaim any responsibility and accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from any inaccuracies.)
More about UEFA Champions League Barcelona AC Milan Related
- 2016-08-24[UEFA Champions League] Live TV for UEFA Champions League on 8/25/2016
- 2016-08-24Rostov FK VS AFC Ajax Match Preview and Betting Prediction(1) UEFA Champions League
- 2016-08-24Red Bull Salzburg VS Dinamo Zagreb Match Preview and Betting Prediction(1) UEFA Champions League
- 2016-08-24Manchester City VS Steaua Bucuresti Match Preview and Betting Prediction(1) UEFA Champions League
- 2016-08-24Borussia Monchengladbach VS Young Boys Match Preview and Betting Prediction(1) UEFA Champions League
- 2016-08-24APOEL Nicosia VS FC Copenhagen Match Preview and Betting Prediction(1) UEFA Champions League
Quick MenuMore News»
|Livescore:||Soccer Basketball Tennis Football Baseball Hockey Snooker|
|Odds:||1x2 Odds Odds Comparision Over/Under In-Play Odds 6in1 Odds|
|Soccer:||Result Fixtures Standings Database|
|Basketball:||Odds Odds History Schedules Standings Database|
- [EURO CUP] France VS Iceland Live TV for EURO CUP on 2016.7.4
- [RUMOURS] Arsenal to offer Giroud as makeweight in Higuain bid
- [EURO CUP] Germany VS Italy Live TV for EURO CUP on 2016.7.3
- [EURO CUP] Portugal VS Poland Live TV for EURO CUP on 2016.7.1
- [EURO CUP]France VS Portugal Live TV for EURO CUP on 2016.7.11
- [Man Utd] New Man Utd star Tuanzebe reacts to Mourinho praise: This is my opportunity!
- [RUMOURS] Abramovich meets with Messis father as Chelsea prepare record move for Barcelona star
- [OFFICIAL] Manchester City sign Sane
- [Ranieri] Kante pushed his way out... but Mahrez will stay!
- [EURO CUP] France VS Germany Live TV for EURO CUP on 2016.7.8
- [RUMOURS] Chelsea plan £46m Joao Mario bid
- [RUMOURS] Man Utd set to sign Mkhitaryan and Ibrahimovic
- [RUMOURS] Barcelona reach agreement with Atleticos Vietto
- [Ronaldo] Cristiano Ronaldo vows to come back stronger after knee injury
- [Ronaldo] Retiring Messi has abandoned us
More »Betting Skills
- Betting Strategy: WHAT IS A PATENT BET?
- Betting Strategy: LAY BETTING EXPLAINED
- Betting Strategy: Football Accumulator Betting Tips
- Betting Strategy: Football Betting Guide
- Betting Strategy: Football Betting Basics
- Betting Strategy: Value Bet – The Importance of Value Betting
- Betting Strategy: Accumulators – Combos Betting Guide
- Betting Strategy: European Handicaps - An Introduction
- Betting Strategy: Asian Handicap Betting Guide
- Betting Strategy: Explaining Decimal Odds
- Betting Strategy: Betting Glossary
- Betting Strategy: Discipline in Soccer Betting
- Betting Strategy: Online Sports Betting vs Betting on Locals