Prediction: FIFA Confederations Cup / Spain V Uruguay
FIFA Confederations Cup -- Match Time：6/17/2013 06:00 Monday
Spain V Uruguay Head to Head | Statistics| Odds
Spain will kick off their Confederations Cup campaign on Sunday in Recife against Uruguay. In their previous six meetings, the South American's have never defeated Spain.
Spain and Uruguay will meet for the seventh time on Sunday, after Tahiti and Nigeria kick things off in their group. Defeating Spain will obviously not be an easy task for Oscar Tabarez's squad, but the South Americans could really use a historic win over Spain to get them back on the right track.
Struggling to make their way to the top of their group in World Cup Qualifications, Uruguay is hanging on for at least a playoff spot at the moment. With the pressure mounting, even a draw against the current World Cup Champions would go a long way for Tabarez's side.
They are coming off back to back victories, as well as two cleansheets in the mix. A 1-0 victory over France in a friendly match gave them enough confidence to defeat Venezuela in a Qualification match, by another 1-0 scoreline.
Vicente Del Bosque's Spanish side will be up against Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani, two of world football's goal scorers. Liverpool's Suarez has already found the net eight times in the qualification stage, while Cavani has only added three.
Leaving a good impression in the Confederations Cup will at least help their fans temporarily forget they poor showing in the World Cup Qualifications, but Spain will be ready to take it to Diego Godin and his fellow countrymen.
When you go up against Spain, your mentality is likely going to be to defend, until you finally get an opportunity to get forward. Over the years, the Spanish have managed to win title after title, leading to many considering them the greatest team of all time.
While there are many that would argue that, it goes without saying that Del Bosque's side is not only a favorite to win the Confederations Cup in Brazil, but they are also a favorite to claim the World Cup in the same country next year.
Their tiki-taka approach leaves their opponents helpless at times, with many neutral and opposing fans considering it to be boring. Regardless of the many opinions, it wins them titles.
Sunday Spain will look to do better than they did in 2009, when they were last defeated in a competitive match against the United States. Since then, Spain has yet to lose a competitive match, making the odds even worst for Uruguay, but they will eventually lose, so why not on Sunday?
Real Madrid's Xabi Alonso is a confirmed absence in the tournament, but filling in that void will be Busquets or even Bayern Munich's Javi Martinez. Both players are capable of doing the dirty work in the midfield, so while Alonso is a very talented player, his absence should not be noticeable.
This match could mean more to the South Americans considering they have never defeated Spain, and they really need to turn things around. But, lets also not forget we are talking about Spain.
One should expect a very competitive match with a number of opportunities for both sides. With Cavani and Suarez in form and in the mood to play, Spain's back line could run into some issues throughout the match. On the other end of the ball, given the way they play, anyone wearing a Spanish jersey could be a threat to score goals.
Conceding early would be extremely bad for Uruguay, while holding a cleansheet through the first half could really give them confidence, with the possibility of even a draw which could be a descent result for both sides.
Prediction: Spain 1-1 Uruguay
(Disclaimer：Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of nowgoal.com. We disclaim any responsibility and accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from any inaccuracies.)
More about FIFA Confederations Cup Spain Uruguay Related
- 2016-08-21Prediction: OMB / Spain VS Australia
- 2016-08-18Prediction: OMB / USA VS Spain
- 2016-08-17Prediction: OMB / France VS Spain
- 2016-08-17FC Barcelona VS Sevilla Match Preview and Betting Prediction Spain Supercopa de Espana
- 2016-08-17FC Barcelona VS Sevilla Betting Preview and Prediction Spain Supercopa de Espana
- 2016-08-17FC Barcelona VS Sevilla Betting Tips and Prediction(1) Spain Supercopa de Espana
Quick MenuMore News»
|Livescore:||Soccer Basketball Tennis Football Baseball Hockey Snooker|
|Odds:||1x2 Odds Odds Comparision Over/Under In-Play Odds 6in1 Odds|
|Soccer:||Result Fixtures Standings Database|
|Basketball:||Odds Odds History Schedules Standings Database|
- [EURO CUP] France VS Iceland Live TV for EURO CUP on 2016.7.4
- [RUMOURS] Arsenal to offer Giroud as makeweight in Higuain bid
- [EURO CUP] Germany VS Italy Live TV for EURO CUP on 2016.7.3
- [EURO CUP] Portugal VS Poland Live TV for EURO CUP on 2016.7.1
- [EURO CUP]France VS Portugal Live TV for EURO CUP on 2016.7.11
- [Man Utd] New Man Utd star Tuanzebe reacts to Mourinho praise: This is my opportunity!
- [OFFICIAL] Manchester City sign Sane
- [RUMOURS] Abramovich meets with Messis father as Chelsea prepare record move for Barcelona star
- [Ranieri] Kante pushed his way out... but Mahrez will stay!
- [EURO CUP] France VS Germany Live TV for EURO CUP on 2016.7.8
- [UEFA Champions League] Live TV for UEFA Champions League on 8/25/2016
- [RUMOURS] Chelsea plan £46m Joao Mario bid
- [RUMOURS] Man Utd set to sign Mkhitaryan and Ibrahimovic
- [RUMOURS] Barcelona reach agreement with Atleticos Vietto
- [Ronaldo] Cristiano Ronaldo vows to come back stronger after knee injury
More »Betting Skills
- Betting Strategy: WHAT IS A PATENT BET?
- Betting Strategy: LAY BETTING EXPLAINED
- Betting Strategy: Football Accumulator Betting Tips
- Betting Strategy: Football Betting Guide
- Betting Strategy: Football Betting Basics
- Betting Strategy: Value Bet – The Importance of Value Betting
- Betting Strategy: Accumulators – Combos Betting Guide
- Betting Strategy: European Handicaps - An Introduction
- Betting Strategy: Asian Handicap Betting Guide
- Betting Strategy: Explaining Decimal Odds
- Betting Strategy: Betting Glossary
- Betting Strategy: Discipline in Soccer Betting
- Betting Strategy: Online Sports Betting vs Betting on Locals