Prediction: FIFA Confederations Cup / Spain V Uruguay
FIFA Confederations Cup -- Match Time：6/17/2013 06:00 Monday
Spain V Uruguay Head to Head | Statistics| Odds
Spain will kick off their Confederations Cup campaign on Sunday in Recife against Uruguay. In their previous six meetings, the South American's have never defeated Spain.
Spain and Uruguay will meet for the seventh time on Sunday, after Tahiti and Nigeria kick things off in their group. Defeating Spain will obviously not be an easy task for Oscar Tabarez's squad, but the South Americans could really use a historic win over Spain to get them back on the right track.
Struggling to make their way to the top of their group in World Cup Qualifications, Uruguay is hanging on for at least a playoff spot at the moment. With the pressure mounting, even a draw against the current World Cup Champions would go a long way for Tabarez's side.
They are coming off back to back victories, as well as two cleansheets in the mix. A 1-0 victory over France in a friendly match gave them enough confidence to defeat Venezuela in a Qualification match, by another 1-0 scoreline.
Vicente Del Bosque's Spanish side will be up against Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani, two of world football's goal scorers. Liverpool's Suarez has already found the net eight times in the qualification stage, while Cavani has only added three.
Leaving a good impression in the Confederations Cup will at least help their fans temporarily forget they poor showing in the World Cup Qualifications, but Spain will be ready to take it to Diego Godin and his fellow countrymen.
When you go up against Spain, your mentality is likely going to be to defend, until you finally get an opportunity to get forward. Over the years, the Spanish have managed to win title after title, leading to many considering them the greatest team of all time.
While there are many that would argue that, it goes without saying that Del Bosque's side is not only a favorite to win the Confederations Cup in Brazil, but they are also a favorite to claim the World Cup in the same country next year.
Their tiki-taka approach leaves their opponents helpless at times, with many neutral and opposing fans considering it to be boring. Regardless of the many opinions, it wins them titles.
Sunday Spain will look to do better than they did in 2009, when they were last defeated in a competitive match against the United States. Since then, Spain has yet to lose a competitive match, making the odds even worst for Uruguay, but they will eventually lose, so why not on Sunday?
Real Madrid's Xabi Alonso is a confirmed absence in the tournament, but filling in that void will be Busquets or even Bayern Munich's Javi Martinez. Both players are capable of doing the dirty work in the midfield, so while Alonso is a very talented player, his absence should not be noticeable.
This match could mean more to the South Americans considering they have never defeated Spain, and they really need to turn things around. But, lets also not forget we are talking about Spain.
One should expect a very competitive match with a number of opportunities for both sides. With Cavani and Suarez in form and in the mood to play, Spain's back line could run into some issues throughout the match. On the other end of the ball, given the way they play, anyone wearing a Spanish jersey could be a threat to score goals.
Conceding early would be extremely bad for Uruguay, while holding a cleansheet through the first half could really give them confidence, with the possibility of even a draw which could be a descent result for both sides.
Prediction: Spain 1-1 Uruguay
(Disclaimer：Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of nowgoal.com. We disclaim any responsibility and accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from any inaccuracies.)
- 2017-03-28Peru VS Uruguay Match Preview and Betting Prediction FIFA World Cup qualification (CONMEBOL)
- 2017-03-28France VS Spain Match Preview and Betting Prediction International Friendly
- 2017-03-28Peru VS Uruguay Betting Preview and Prediction FIFA World Cup qualification (CONMEBOL)
- 2017-03-28FIFA World Cup qualification (CONMEBOL)|Peru VS Uruguay Big Data Analysis
- 2017-03-28International Friendly|France VS Spain Big Data Analysis
- 2017-03-28France VS Spain Betting Tips and Prediction International Friendly
Quick MenuMore News»
|Livescore:||Soccer Basketball Tennis Football Baseball Hockey Snooker|
|Odds:||1x2 Odds Odds Comparision Over/Under In-Play Odds 6in1 Odds|
|Soccer:||Result Fixtures Standings Database|
|Basketball:||Odds Odds History Schedules Standings Database|
- [UEFA Europa League] UEFA Europa League Schedule on 3/10/2017
- [German Bundesliga] German Bundesliga Round 26 Schedule
- [English Premier League] English Premier League Round 27 Schedule
- [RUMOURS] Manchester United Plot Mesut Ozil Move
- [RUMOURS] BARCA Target NEYMAR Replacement
- [English Premier League] English Premier League Round 30 Schedule
- [German Bundesliga] German Bundesliga Round 23 Schedule
- [FIFA World Cup qualification (CONMEBOL)] FIFA World Cup qualification (CONMEBOL) Schedule on 3/24/2017
- [RUMOURS] Real Madrid Open Talks For Hazard
- [Spanish La Liga] Spanish La Liga Round 32 Schedule
- [RUMOURS] Galaxy Extend Ibrahimovic Offer
- [RUMOURS] Manchester united Plot Ozil Raid
- [FIFA World Cup qualification (AFC)] FIFA World Cup qualification (AFC) Schedule on 3/23/2017
- [English Premier League] English Premier League Round 33 Schedule
- [RUMOURS] Ronaldo Wants Lewandowski At Real
More »Betting Skills
- Betting Strategy: How to PICK TEAMS for an Accumulator
- Betting Strategy: How to WIN BIG on Football Accumulators
- Betting Strategy: How To Pick The Right Bets
- Betting Strategy: Make The Most Of Online Betting Accounts
- Betting Strategy: Successful Soccer Betting Strategies(4)
- Betting Strategy: Successful Soccer Betting Strategies(3)
- Betting Strategy: Successful Soccer Betting Strategies(2)
- Betting Strategy: Successful Soccer Betting Strategies(1)
- Betting Strategy: Betting the Over
- Betting Strategy: How to Bet on Totals