Preview: FIFA Confederations Cup / Spain V Uruguay
Confederations Cup (Group Round) - Neutral - Match Time : 17/06/2013 06:00
Spain vs Uruguay Head to Head | Statistics| Odds
Spain to show they are still one of the best teams in the world
Spain arrives in Brazil as the main favourites to win this trophy but something happened this year that took them the title of best football in the world – they didn’t have any teams in the Champions League finals and most people now say Germany took Spain’s place in the football scenario.
Uruguay also had a good run in the last World Cup’s cycle, in which they finished fourth. Also, one year later they beat Paraguay to win the Copa America final and show they were definitely the best team in the continent. But that’s not true anymore, as Uruguay has been struggling in the local World Cup Qualifiers and were close to stay out of 2014.
Just this week Spain had their last friendly before their first match in the Confederations Cup. They travelled to the USA and there faced Ireland, leaving to Brazil with a good and comfortable 2-0 win. They played just as they’re used to – controlling the match and passing the ball until finding the perfect moment to score.
Uruguay are far from being the favourites to win this trophy. They have been very inconsistent recently and they are coming from a 1-0 away win against Venezuela in the South American World Cup Qualifiers. This win puts them placed fifth and they were coming from a terrible run in the Qualifiers, without a win in their previous six matches before the win against Venezuela.
What is interesting about both sides is that they haven’t been looking for renovation in their squads but each one has its own reasons. Spain want to keep their squad for the fact that they have been the best team in the world recently. As for Uruguay, they don’t want that but they are forced to keep the same team for not having any young player with enough quality to make their way into the squad.
This is why you will see names as Diego Forlan on their team. The Internacional striker is still really good, but he’s not getting any younger. With much more quality in their squad, Spain will win this match but with a strong attack – with Forlan, Cavani and Suarez– Uruguay will score too, guaranteeing the high score.
HEAD TO HEAD
This is a chance for Uruguay to beat Spain for the first time in their history. They clashed against Spain nine times in their history and there were more draws than wins – five draws and four wins for Spain. This will be their second encounter in 2013, and Spain beat Uruguay 3-1 in February.
(Disclaimer：Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of nowgoal.com. We disclaim any responsibility and accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from any inaccuracies.)
- 2017-03-28Peru VS Uruguay Match Preview and Betting Prediction FIFA World Cup qualification (CONMEBOL)
- 2017-03-28France VS Spain Match Preview and Betting Prediction International Friendly
- 2017-03-28Peru VS Uruguay Betting Preview and Prediction FIFA World Cup qualification (CONMEBOL)
- 2017-03-28FIFA World Cup qualification (CONMEBOL)|Peru VS Uruguay Big Data Analysis
- 2017-03-28International Friendly|France VS Spain Big Data Analysis
- 2017-03-28France VS Spain Betting Tips and Prediction International Friendly
Quick MenuMore News»
|Livescore:||Soccer Basketball Tennis Football Baseball Hockey Snooker|
|Odds:||1x2 Odds Odds Comparision Over/Under In-Play Odds 6in1 Odds|
|Soccer:||Result Fixtures Standings Database|
|Basketball:||Odds Odds History Schedules Standings Database|
- [UEFA Europa League] UEFA Europa League Schedule on 3/10/2017
- [German Bundesliga] German Bundesliga Round 26 Schedule
- [English Premier League] English Premier League Round 27 Schedule
- [RUMOURS] Manchester United Plot Mesut Ozil Move
- [RUMOURS] BARCA Target NEYMAR Replacement
- [English Premier League] English Premier League Round 30 Schedule
- [German Bundesliga] German Bundesliga Round 23 Schedule
- [FIFA World Cup qualification (CONMEBOL)] FIFA World Cup qualification (CONMEBOL) Schedule on 3/24/2017
- [RUMOURS] Real Madrid Open Talks For Hazard
- [Spanish La Liga] Spanish La Liga Round 32 Schedule
- [RUMOURS] Galaxy Extend Ibrahimovic Offer
- [RUMOURS] Manchester united Plot Ozil Raid
- [FIFA World Cup qualification (AFC)] FIFA World Cup qualification (AFC) Schedule on 3/23/2017
- [English Premier League] English Premier League Round 33 Schedule
- [RUMOURS] Ronaldo Wants Lewandowski At Real
More »Betting Skills
- Betting Strategy: How to PICK TEAMS for an Accumulator
- Betting Strategy: How to WIN BIG on Football Accumulators
- Betting Strategy: How To Pick The Right Bets
- Betting Strategy: Make The Most Of Online Betting Accounts
- Betting Strategy: Successful Soccer Betting Strategies(4)
- Betting Strategy: Successful Soccer Betting Strategies(3)
- Betting Strategy: Successful Soccer Betting Strategies(2)
- Betting Strategy: Successful Soccer Betting Strategies(1)
- Betting Strategy: Betting the Over
- Betting Strategy: How to Bet on Totals