Preview: FIFA Confederations Cup / Spain V Uruguay
Confederations Cup (Group Round) - Neutral - Match Time : 17/06/2013 06:00
Spain vs Uruguay Head to Head | Statistics| Odds
Spain to show they are still one of the best teams in the world
Spain arrives in Brazil as the main favourites to win this trophy but something happened this year that took them the title of best football in the world – they didn’t have any teams in the Champions League finals and most people now say Germany took Spain’s place in the football scenario.
Uruguay also had a good run in the last World Cup’s cycle, in which they finished fourth. Also, one year later they beat Paraguay to win the Copa America final and show they were definitely the best team in the continent. But that’s not true anymore, as Uruguay has been struggling in the local World Cup Qualifiers and were close to stay out of 2014.
Just this week Spain had their last friendly before their first match in the Confederations Cup. They travelled to the USA and there faced Ireland, leaving to Brazil with a good and comfortable 2-0 win. They played just as they’re used to – controlling the match and passing the ball until finding the perfect moment to score.
Uruguay are far from being the favourites to win this trophy. They have been very inconsistent recently and they are coming from a 1-0 away win against Venezuela in the South American World Cup Qualifiers. This win puts them placed fifth and they were coming from a terrible run in the Qualifiers, without a win in their previous six matches before the win against Venezuela.
What is interesting about both sides is that they haven’t been looking for renovation in their squads but each one has its own reasons. Spain want to keep their squad for the fact that they have been the best team in the world recently. As for Uruguay, they don’t want that but they are forced to keep the same team for not having any young player with enough quality to make their way into the squad.
This is why you will see names as Diego Forlan on their team. The Internacional striker is still really good, but he’s not getting any younger. With much more quality in their squad, Spain will win this match but with a strong attack – with Forlan, Cavani and Suarez– Uruguay will score too, guaranteeing the high score.
HEAD TO HEAD
This is a chance for Uruguay to beat Spain for the first time in their history. They clashed against Spain nine times in their history and there were more draws than wins – five draws and four wins for Spain. This will be their second encounter in 2013, and Spain beat Uruguay 3-1 in February.
(Disclaimer：Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nowgoal.com. We disclaim any responsibility and accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from any inaccuracies.)
[Pic] Champions League 2014-15: Group-by-group guide
[Pic] Manchester Utds 10 biggest signings
[Pic] Top 41 players in the summer window
[Pic] Top 20 most expensive transfer fees of all time
More about,FIFA Confederations Cup Spain Uruguay Related
- 2013-06-30Betting Tips: FIFA Confederations Cup / Brazil V Spain
- 2013-06-30Nhận định: FIFA Confederations Cup / Brazil V Spain
- 2013-06-30Nhận định: FIFA Confederations Cup / Italy V Uruguay
- 2013-06-30Betting Picks(1): FIFA Confederations Cup / Italy V Uruguay
- 2013-06-30Betting Picks: FIFA Confederations Cup / Brazil V Spain
- 2013-06-30Prediction: FIFA Confederations Cup / Brazil V Spain
- [Pic] Hottest World Cup WAGs face
- [Pic] The beautiful German WAGs i
- [Pic] Top 10 WAGs of 2014 World C
- [Pic] Hot WAGs of ugly soccer sta
- [Pic] Photos of Hot German WAG’s
- Tips for Successful Soccer Betting
- Sexy Crazy Flashers and Beautiful
- [Pic] World Cup 2014: The strange
- [Pic] Fanatic World Cup fans of t
- [Pic] World Cup 2014 winner Germa
- [Pic] Top 10 Surprice of World Cu
- [Pic] Premier League and European
- [Pic] Top 10 Ugliest Soccer Playe
- [Pic] Beautiful soccer fans of Wo
- [Pic] WAGs: Borussia Dortmund VS
More »Betting Skills
- Betting odds explained
- What is 1X2 betting?
- Correct Score Betting in Soccer
- How to Bet on Correct Score
- Betting odds explained
- How to bet live
- Asian odds explained
- How to bet - What are paplays
- How To Stack Correct Score Odds
- Methodical Correct Score Betting
- How To Bet In-Play Successfully
- Both Teams to Score Market
- Total Goal Over and Under Soccer
- Tips for Over/Under goals in foot
- Fractional Odds in Soccer Betting