Preview: FIFA Confederations Cup / Spain V Uruguay
Confederations Cup (Group Round) - Neutral - Match Time : 17/06/2013 06:00
Spain vs Uruguay Head to Head | Statistics| Odds
Spain to show they are still one of the best teams in the world
Spain arrives in Brazil as the main favourites to win this trophy but something happened this year that took them the title of best football in the world – they didn’t have any teams in the Champions League finals and most people now say Germany took Spain’s place in the football scenario.
Uruguay also had a good run in the last World Cup’s cycle, in which they finished fourth. Also, one year later they beat Paraguay to win the Copa America final and show they were definitely the best team in the continent. But that’s not true anymore, as Uruguay has been struggling in the local World Cup Qualifiers and were close to stay out of 2014.
Just this week Spain had their last friendly before their first match in the Confederations Cup. They travelled to the USA and there faced Ireland, leaving to Brazil with a good and comfortable 2-0 win. They played just as they’re used to – controlling the match and passing the ball until finding the perfect moment to score.
Uruguay are far from being the favourites to win this trophy. They have been very inconsistent recently and they are coming from a 1-0 away win against Venezuela in the South American World Cup Qualifiers. This win puts them placed fifth and they were coming from a terrible run in the Qualifiers, without a win in their previous six matches before the win against Venezuela.
What is interesting about both sides is that they haven’t been looking for renovation in their squads but each one has its own reasons. Spain want to keep their squad for the fact that they have been the best team in the world recently. As for Uruguay, they don’t want that but they are forced to keep the same team for not having any young player with enough quality to make their way into the squad.
This is why you will see names as Diego Forlan on their team. The Internacional striker is still really good, but he’s not getting any younger. With much more quality in their squad, Spain will win this match but with a strong attack – with Forlan, Cavani and Suarez– Uruguay will score too, guaranteeing the high score.
HEAD TO HEAD
This is a chance for Uruguay to beat Spain for the first time in their history. They clashed against Spain nine times in their history and there were more draws than wins – five draws and four wins for Spain. This will be their second encounter in 2013, and Spain beat Uruguay 3-1 in February.
(Disclaimer：Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of nowgoal.com. We disclaim any responsibility and accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from any inaccuracies.)
More about FIFA Confederations Cup Spain Uruguay Related
- 2016-08-21Prediction: OMB / Spain VS Australia
- 2016-08-18Prediction: OMB / USA VS Spain
- 2016-08-17Prediction: OMB / France VS Spain
- 2016-08-17FC Barcelona VS Sevilla Match Preview and Betting Prediction Spain Supercopa de Espana
- 2016-08-17FC Barcelona VS Sevilla Betting Preview and Prediction Spain Supercopa de Espana
- 2016-08-17FC Barcelona VS Sevilla Betting Tips and Prediction(1) Spain Supercopa de Espana
Quick MenuMore News»
|Livescore:||Soccer Basketball Tennis Football Baseball Hockey Snooker|
|Odds:||1x2 Odds Odds Comparision Over/Under In-Play Odds 6in1 Odds|
|Soccer:||Result Fixtures Standings Database|
|Basketball:||Odds Odds History Schedules Standings Database|
- [EURO CUP] France VS Iceland Live TV for EURO CUP on 2016.7.4
- [RUMOURS] Arsenal to offer Giroud as makeweight in Higuain bid
- [EURO CUP] Germany VS Italy Live TV for EURO CUP on 2016.7.3
- [EURO CUP] Portugal VS Poland Live TV for EURO CUP on 2016.7.1
- [EURO CUP] Wales VS Northern Ireland Live TV for EURO CUP on 2016.6.25
- [EURO CUP]France VS Portugal Live TV for EURO CUP on 2016.7.11
- [Man Utd] New Man Utd star Tuanzebe reacts to Mourinho praise: This is my opportunity!
- [OFFICIAL] Manchester City sign Sane
- [RUMOURS] Abramovich meets with Messis father as Chelsea prepare record move for Barcelona star
- [EURO CUP] Croatia VS Portugal Live TV for EURO CUP on 2016.6.25
- [EURO CUP] France VS Germany Live TV for EURO CUP on 2016.7.8
- [Ranieri] Kante pushed his way out... but Mahrez will stay!
- [RUMOURS] Chelsea plan £46m Joao Mario bid
- [RUMOURS] Man Utd set to sign Mkhitaryan and Ibrahimovic
- [RUMOURS] Barcelona reach agreement with Atleticos Vietto
More »Betting Skills
- Betting Strategy: WHAT IS A PATENT BET?
- Betting Strategy: LAY BETTING EXPLAINED
- Betting Strategy: Football Accumulator Betting Tips
- Betting Strategy: Football Betting Guide
- Betting Strategy: Football Betting Basics
- Betting Strategy: Value Bet – The Importance of Value Betting
- Betting Strategy: Accumulators – Combos Betting Guide
- Betting Strategy: European Handicaps - An Introduction
- Betting Strategy: Asian Handicap Betting Guide
- Betting Strategy: Explaining Decimal Odds
- Betting Strategy: Betting Glossary
- Betting Strategy: Discipline in Soccer Betting
- Betting Strategy: Online Sports Betting vs Betting on Locals