Preview: FIFA Confederations Cup / Spain V Uruguay
Confederations Cup (Group Round) - Neutral - Match Time : 17/06/2013 06:00
Spain vs Uruguay Head to Head | Statistics| Odds
Spain to show they are still one of the best teams in the world
Spain arrives in Brazil as the main favourites to win this trophy but something happened this year that took them the title of best football in the world – they didn’t have any teams in the Champions League finals and most people now say Germany took Spain’s place in the football scenario.
Uruguay also had a good run in the last World Cup’s cycle, in which they finished fourth. Also, one year later they beat Paraguay to win the Copa America final and show they were definitely the best team in the continent. But that’s not true anymore, as Uruguay has been struggling in the local World Cup Qualifiers and were close to stay out of 2014.
Just this week Spain had their last friendly before their first match in the Confederations Cup. They travelled to the USA and there faced Ireland, leaving to Brazil with a good and comfortable 2-0 win. They played just as they’re used to – controlling the match and passing the ball until finding the perfect moment to score.
Uruguay are far from being the favourites to win this trophy. They have been very inconsistent recently and they are coming from a 1-0 away win against Venezuela in the South American World Cup Qualifiers. This win puts them placed fifth and they were coming from a terrible run in the Qualifiers, without a win in their previous six matches before the win against Venezuela.
What is interesting about both sides is that they haven’t been looking for renovation in their squads but each one has its own reasons. Spain want to keep their squad for the fact that they have been the best team in the world recently. As for Uruguay, they don’t want that but they are forced to keep the same team for not having any young player with enough quality to make their way into the squad.
This is why you will see names as Diego Forlan on their team. The Internacional striker is still really good, but he’s not getting any younger. With much more quality in their squad, Spain will win this match but with a strong attack – with Forlan, Cavani and Suarez– Uruguay will score too, guaranteeing the high score.
HEAD TO HEAD
This is a chance for Uruguay to beat Spain for the first time in their history. They clashed against Spain nine times in their history and there were more draws than wins – five draws and four wins for Spain. This will be their second encounter in 2013, and Spain beat Uruguay 3-1 in February.
(Disclaimer：Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of nowgoal.com. We disclaim any responsibility and accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from any inaccuracies.)
More about FIFA Confederations Cup Spain Uruguay Related
- 2017-02-02Uruguay U20 VS Brazil U20 Match Preview and Betting Prediction Conmebol - Sudamericano U20
- 2017-02-02Uruguay U20 VS Brazil U20 Betting Preview and Prediction Conmebol - Sudamericano U20
- 2017-01-30Uruguay U20 VS Argentina U20 Match Preview and Betting Prediction Conmebol - Sudamericano U20
- 2017-01-19Uruguay U20 VS Venezuela U20 Match Preview and Betting Prediction International Friendly
- 2017-01-19Uruguay U20 VS Venezuela U20 Betting Preview and Prediction International Friendly
- 2016-11-24North Korea (w) U20 VS Spain (w) U20 Match Preview and Betting Prediction FIFA U-20 Womens World Cup
Quick MenuMore News»
|Livescore:||Soccer Basketball Tennis Football Baseball Hockey Snooker|
|Odds:||1x2 Odds Odds Comparision Over/Under In-Play Odds 6in1 Odds|
|Soccer:||Result Fixtures Standings Database|
|Basketball:||Odds Odds History Schedules Standings Database|
- [English Premier League] English Premier League Round 21 Schedule
- [English Premier League] English Premier League Round 23 Schedule
- [English Premier League] English Premier League Round 19 Schedule
- [Spanish La Liga] Spanish La Liga Round 17 Schedule
- [English Premier League] English Premier League Round 24 Schedule
- [France Ligue 1] France Ligue 1 Round 20 Schedule
- [Italian Serie A] Italian Serie A Round 21 Schedule
- [Italian Serie A] Italian Serie A Round 20 Schedule
- [RUMOURS] PSG to bid €70m for Alexis
- [English Premier League] English Premier League Round 22 Schedule
- [RUMOURS] Real Madrid to sell Ronaldo by 2018-19
- [RUMOURS] Everton to start £45m splurge with Charltons Lookman
- [UEFA Europa League] UEFA Europa League Schedule on 2/17/2017
- [RUMOURS] Madrid and Man Utd race for Donnarumma
- [Rumours] Costa Agrees Chelsea Deal
More »Betting Skills
- Betting Strategy: What Is a Void Bet?
- Betting Strategy: What is Banker Bets?
- Betting Strategy: Treble Bets Explained
- Betting Strategy: Double Bets Explained
- Betting Strategy: The Single Betting Strategy
- Betting Strategy: Explaining Decimal Odds
- Betting Strategy: Understanding Fractional Odds
- Betting Strategy: Fixed Odds Betting Explained
- Betting Strategy: Evens Bet Explained