Prediction: UEFA Europa League / IF Fuglafjordur V Linfield FC
UEFA Europa League -- Match Time：7/4/2013 02:45 Thursday
IF Fuglafjordur V Linfield FC Head to Head | Statistics| Odds
Northern Ireland’s Linfield will travel to the Faroe Islands for the second time in two seasons where they will face IF Fuglafjordur in the first round of the Europa League.
While Linfield go into the clash as the seeded team, David Jeffery’s side will be under no illusions of the task that lies ahead and will expect a tough challenge in order to progress through to the next round.
Despite appearing the stronger side on paper against Faroese opposition in last year’s Champions League, the Blues only just recorded a victory over their opponents, with the tie having to be decided on penalties.
IF Fuglafjordur will hold the advantage of having a squad of match fit players. The Faroese side currently occupy second spot after 15 games and have not lost a league game since April.
In contrast, the encounter will mark the first competitive game of the 2013/14 season for Linfield. But the Blues will be eager to get back to the business on the back of a very disappointing season by their standards.
David Jeffery has wasted no time in rebuilding the squad with new signings such as Jonny Tuffey, Sean Ward and Andrew Waterworth.
With Alan Blayney and Reece Glendinning unavailable for the clash, Jonny Tuffey looks set to make his Linfield debut in goal. The Northern Ireland international joined the Blues this summer from Scottish Premier League outfit, St Johnstone.
While other new signings such as Sean Ward and Michael Haughey have been ruled out of the fixture, fellow new boy Andrew Waterworth looks set to make his Linfield debut. The striker, who joined from bitter rivals Glentoran, will be eager to open his goal scoring account with his new club.
Linfield will take on IF Fuglafjordur on Thursday 4th July, with the winners set to face Skode Xanthi of Greece in the second round.
(Disclaimer：Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nowgoal.com. We disclaim any responsibility and accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from any inaccuracies.)
More »Top Stories
More about UEFA Europa League IF Fuglafjordur Linfield FC Related
- 2015-08-27Prediction(1): UEFA Europa League / AZ Alkmaar VS Astra Ploiesti
- 2015-08-27Prediction(1): UEFA Europa League / Fehervar Videoton VS Lech Poznan
- 2015-08-27Prediction(1): UEFA Europa League / Panathinaikos VS FK Gilan Gabala
- 2015-08-27Prediction(1): UEFA Europa League / Red Bull Salzburg VS Dinamo Minsk
- 2015-08-27Prediction(1): UEFA Europa League / Standard Liege VS Molde
- 2015-08-27Prediction(1): UEFA Europa League / Vojvodina Novi Sad VS FC Viktoria Plzen
Quick MenuMore News»
|Livescore:||Soccer Basketball Tennis Football Baseball Hockey Snooker|
|Odds:||1x2 Odds Odds Comparision Over/Under In-Play Odds 6in1 Odds|
|Soccer:||Result Fixtures Standings Database|
|Basketball:||Odds Odds History Schedules Standings Database|
- Gerrard meets LA Galaxy fans
- Montreal sign Drogba
- Argentina top Fifa Ranking, Chile 10th
- RVP passes Fenerbahce medical
- LVG refuses to rule out Ramos arrival
- Ramos agrees new Real Madrid deal
- Robben out of Bayerns China trip
- Borussia Dortmund 2015-16 full fixtures
- Rooney to play for Everton again
- 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup Preview - Canada
- FC Barcelona 2015-16 Full Fixtures
- Real Madrid 2015-16 Full Fixtures
- 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup Preview - Costa Rica
- Van Gaal blasts Valdes attitude
- PSG to unveil Di Maria
More »Betting Skills
- Betting Strategy: Why Is Betting So Attractive At The Betfair Exchange?
- Betting Strategy: Main Differences Between Backing And Laying In Betting Exchange
- Betting Strategy: Bet On Football And Win Money Must Read
- Betting Strategy: Why You Should Always Follow A Proven Soccer Betting Strategy?
- Betting Strategy: Sports Betting Strategy & Tactics Exposed
- Betting Strategy: Do You Know Special Under/Over Bets?
- Betting Strategy: What is double chance betting?
- Betting Strategy: 4 Tips to Improve Your Online Poker Game
- Betting Strategy: Why Underdogs are the Smart Bet in Soccer Betting
- Betting Strategy: 3 Tips on How To Bet Smartly Without Regret
- Betting Strategy: What Bookies Never Tell
- Betting Strategy: 3 Hot Ways To Win in Soccer
- Betting Strategy: Best online soccer betting skills
- Betting Strategy: Soccer Betting 1x2
- Betting Strategy: Five Main Rules in Live Betting