Prediction: French Division 2 / Stade Brestois V Metz
French Division 2 - - Match Time : 22/10/2013 02:30
Brest vs Metz Head to Head | Statistics| Odds
Improving Brest to earn a point
Brest’s former France international Bernard Mendy is set to earn a recall at right-back as Ousmane Coulibaly is suspended. The hosts have major worries in attack as Jonathan Ayite and Nicolas Verdier – their best two strikers – are doubtful.
Metz welcome back seven-goal top scorer Diafra Sakho after he missed their last game through suspension. But centre-half Sylvain Marchal and right-back Romain Metanire are both out, as is midfielder Ahmed Kashi.
Suspended: Ousmane Coulibaly, Johan Ramare
Doubtful: Jonathan Ayite (calf), Benoit Lesoimier (thigh), Johan Martial (abdomen), Nicolas Verdier (thigh)
Injured/unavailable: Abel Khaled (ankle)
Suspended: Ahmed Kashi, Romain Metanire
Injured/unavailable: Moussa Gueye (knee), Guido Milan (leg), Sylvain Marchal (ankle)
Newly-promoted Metz have started the season so impressively critics are already drawing comparisons with Bastia. A couple of years ago Bastia went from National (France’s third division) to Ligue 1 in consecutive seasons, and the press rightly see Metz as the best-equipped of this season’s three promoted sides to do the same thing. Coach Albert Cartier, however, has been keen to play down expectations, fearing it may put his players under too much pressure.
Expectations are pretty low at Brest because they’re languishing in mid-table but their last game was a reason for Alex Dupont’s side to be more optimistic: they went 1-0 down away to an excellent Tours side but fought back impressively, drew 1-1 and had enough chances to have won. The confidence they’ll have gained from that result and performance, plus the fact some important players are missing for Metz, means Brest should manage to avoid defeat. A win may be beyond them considering how solid Metz have been but a draw should be well within Brest’s means.
HEAD TO HEAD
Brest’s home record against Metz is W6-D3-L4.
(Disclaimer：Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nowgoal.com. We disclaim any responsibility and accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from any inaccuracies.)
More »Top Stories
More about French Division Stade Brestois Metz Related
- 2015-08-29Prediction: French Division 2 / Metz VS Evian Thonon Gaillard
- 2015-08-21Betting Picks: France Ligue 2 / Creteil VS Metz
- 2015-08-17Preview: France Ligue 2 / Metz VS Valenciennes
- 2015-08-15Prediction: French Division 2 / Nancy VS Stade Brestois
- 2015-08-07Preview: France Ligue 2 / Sochaux VS Metz
- 2015-08-07Preview: France Ligue 2 / Stade Brestois VS Nimes
Quick MenuMore News»
|Livescore:||Soccer Basketball Tennis Football Baseball Hockey Snooker|
|Odds:||1x2 Odds Odds Comparision Over/Under In-Play Odds 6in1 Odds|
|Soccer:||Result Fixtures Standings Database|
|Basketball:||Odds Odds History Schedules Standings Database|
- Gerrard meets LA Galaxy fans
- Montreal sign Drogba
- Argentina top Fifa Ranking, Chile 10th
- RVP passes Fenerbahce medical
- LVG refuses to rule out Ramos arrival
- Ramos agrees new Real Madrid deal
- Borussia Dortmund 2015-16 full fixtures
- Robben out of Bayerns China trip
- Rooney to play for Everton again
- 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup Preview - Canada
- FC Barcelona 2015-16 Full Fixtures
- Real Madrid 2015-16 Full Fixtures
- 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup Preview - Costa Rica
- Van Gaal blasts Valdes attitude
- PSG to unveil Di Maria
More »Betting Skills
- Betting Strategy: Why Is Betting So Attractive At The Betfair Exchange?
- Betting Strategy: Main Differences Between Backing And Laying In Betting Exchange
- Betting Strategy: Bet On Football And Win Money Must Read
- Betting Strategy: Why You Should Always Follow A Proven Soccer Betting Strategy?
- Betting Strategy: Sports Betting Strategy & Tactics Exposed
- Betting Strategy: Do You Know Special Under/Over Bets?
- Betting Strategy: What is double chance betting?
- Betting Strategy: 4 Tips to Improve Your Online Poker Game
- Betting Strategy: Why Underdogs are the Smart Bet in Soccer Betting
- Betting Strategy: 3 Tips on How To Bet Smartly Without Regret
- Betting Strategy: What Bookies Never Tell
- Betting Strategy: 3 Hot Ways To Win in Soccer
- Betting Strategy: Best online soccer betting skills
- Betting Strategy: Soccer Betting 1x2
- Betting Strategy: Five Main Rules in Live Betting