Prediction: Australian Division 1 / Adelaide United V Sydney FC
Australian Division 1 - - Match Time : 31/12/2012 17:00
Adelaide United vs Sydney FC Head to Head | Statistics| Odds
Sydney to grab a point in Adelaide
Adelaide United coach John Kosmina is expected to tinker with his team following a second consecutive loss, although defender Jon McKain remains on the sidelines.
Sydney defender Fabio will be fit for this match, though Ali Abbas misses out due to his a one-match suspension and Pascal Bosschaart, Ivan Necevski and Paul Reid are carrying injuries that will force them onto the sidelines for at least another week.
Injured/unavailable: Jon McKain (leg).
Suspended: Ali Abbas (one match).
Injured/unavailable: Pascal Bosschaart (calf), Ivan Necevski (ankle), Paul Reid (adductor).
Adelaide’s season appears to be unraveling after a second consecutive loss, this time against Brisbane Roar at home.
The creativity and attacking flair from the midfield has dried up with the man-marking on the likes of Dario Vidosic and pressure on Adelaide’s defense suddenly making the team look vulnerable.
While Adelaide has the benefit of consecutive home matches in this busy period, it needs to rediscover its form quickly before it is engulfed by the chasing pack at the top-end of the ladder.
Sydney sits at the bottom of that ladder but took a vital 1-0 home win against the league leaders, Central Coast Mariners, last round; showing renewed vigor in one of its most impressive performances of the season.
Alessandro Del Piero continues to make a big difference and the form of Brett Emerton appears to be improving, though there are still areas for improvement in terms of how the players move the ball around the park.
The win against the Central Coast should provide Sydney with some confidence and momentum, especially against a struggling side like Adelaide, who will be out to make amends for recent rounds.
Considering Adelaide’s form and Sydney’s morale-boosting return to winning ways, look for an evenly fought match that is likely to end in a draw.
HEAD TO HEAD:
Adelaide travelled to Sydney in Round 8 and took a 2-1 away win. Sydney has three wins from eight previous trips to Adelaide, losing four and scoring one draw. Adelaide has the slight edge in total encounters with 11 wins to Sydney’s 10.
(Disclaimer：Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of nowgoal.com. We disclaim any responsibility and accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from any inaccuracies.)
More about Australian Division Adelaide United Sydney FC Related
- 2016-05-03Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao FC VS Sydney FC Betting Preview and Prediction AFC Champions League
- 2016-05-03Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao FC VS Sydney FC Match Preview and Betting Prediction AFC Champions League
- 2016-04-22Adelaide United VS Melbourne City Betting Preview and Prediction Australia A-League
- 2016-04-20Sydney FC VS Urawa Red Diamonds Match Preview and Betting Prediction AFC Champions League
- 2016-04-08Melbourne City VS Adelaide United Betting Preview and Prediction Australia A-League
- 2016-04-08Melbourne City VS Adelaide United Match Preview and Betting Prediction Australia A-League
Quick MenuMore News»
|Livescore:||Soccer Basketball Tennis Football Baseball Hockey Snooker|
|Odds:||1x2 Odds Odds Comparision Over/Under In-Play Odds 6in1 Odds|
|Soccer:||Result Fixtures Standings Database|
|Basketball:||Odds Odds History Schedules Standings Database|
- [Arsenal] Arsenal urged to sign Ibrahimovic
- [Rumours] Pogba sets wage demands
- [Bayern Munich] Lewandowski in car accident
- [Manchester City] Man City leading Gundogan race
- [Real Madrid] Bale announces arrival of baby girl
- [Rumours] Man City set for £80m spree
- [Rumours] Lukaku Contes No. 1 target
- [Rumours] Mou in £60m Man Utd deal
- [Rumours] Man Utd to sell Januzaj
- [Manchester City] Pellegrini not giving up on title
- [World Cup] Neymar excited to face Suarez
- [Rumours] United in £250k deal for Ibra
- [Rumours] Arsenal in talks for Xhaka
- [Hazard] Real Madrid rumours untrue
- [Rumours] Chelsea want Madrid star
More »Betting Skills
- Betting Strategy: How Many Sports Should You Bet On
- Betting Strategy: Explanation of Exchange Betting
- Betting Strategy: Popular Sports Betting Beliefs
- Betting Strategy: Why Most Sports Bettors Lose
- Betting Strategy: Dealing With Bad Runs in Betting
- Betting Strategy: Sports Betting Odds
- Betting Strategy: The importance of analyzing the betting odds
- Betting Strategy: Golden rules for successful soccer betting
- Betting Strategy: Play Responsibly
- Betting Strategy: Betting Exchange